Sunday, February 24, 2013

Down the Drain

This may be TMI, so it's fine if you stop reading...

I was driving back from lunch today and I had drank about 5 glasses of sweet tea and 2 glasses of water, so obviously I had to use the restroom quite badly. I really thought I could make it back to my dorm.

You know when you need to use the bathroom and you can't focus on anything else? Well I'm a bad driver to begin with, and since I was preoccupied, I kept pressing and letting go of the gas, so I was going like 5 miles an hour, which didn't help me get to the bathroom any quicker. I was literally praying out loud that I would not pee my pants.

I finally pulled into a store near campus and sprinted in. Hallelujah. My little problem was solved...or so I thought. The toilet clogged up of course. I didn't do anything to clog it--it just clogged. I didn't really know what to do, so I washed my hands of it. (I also literally washed my hands).

As I left, another girl was about to walk in. I definitely knew her, and she definitely knew me, so I smiled and said hey. Instead of telling her about the toilet and explaining that it hadn't been my fault, I just went to get a cold coffee (of course).

She immediately walked out and gave me a strange look as she went to the men's restroom.

I can see it now-- front page of the paper, "Kaitlin Chappell Clogs Toilet."

Story of my life, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment