Monday, March 11, 2013

Spring Breakers

So this new movie with Selena Gomez--- "Spring Breakers"-- is this supposed to be what your typical "sorority/college spring break" is like? If so, I am WAY off on my spring break plans.

Not every sorority girl goes to the beach to get completely wasted and hook up with various guys. Granted drinking and sexual activities do usually occur, I don't think it is quite as bad as the movie portrays. But maybe I'm just naive, which could be very possible.

I like to think that some college students (hopefully some really gorgeous single guy somewhere) does the same thing I will be doing-- laying on the beach with a bottle of water and a stack of books. Call me a nerd (everyone does), but that is the definition of a break to me. If you are an attractive twenty to twenty-five-year-old male that has similar interests, contact me immediately.

I am ready to relax with my friends, soak up some sun, and live in the fictional worlds of the books I read. The wildest I'll get is when we go out to dinner-- I'll probably out-eat anyone in the restaurant. Seafood is not something I play about.

Some students even choose to do mission work and volunteer work during spring break. So, maybe "Spring Breakers" applies to some college students, but don't let it fool you, there are still some of us nerding it up on the "family" beach. Does that mean I won't have fun? No. No sir. I will have the absolute time of my life. I might even go for some morning runs on the beach....IN MY SPORTS BRA.

Happy SB13.

No comments:

Post a Comment