Thursday, May 2, 2013

Some Other Beginning's End

It's Dead Day/Study Day here at UNA so naturally I haven't studied at all. I've eaten a lot though. So, that's good. It's a bittersweet day. It's a day of rest, but also a day of work. It's a day of the end of the semester, but also the last dead day for so many of my dear friends.

Life is about beginnings. It's also about endings. I don't like the endings, but they do always seems to lead to really beautiful beginnings. This semester has been more than stressful and has thrown me several curve balls, but I got through it. I conquered it, and man, that feels good. God was always present to conquer it for me, even when I didn't acknowledge Him.

This year, finals mean more than just grades to me. They mean finalizing one of my last years of college and leading to the very last year of my undergraduate career. It's been such a beautiful time here and I'm not ready to let it go, yet. I'm thankful that I have another summer and another year to give to UNA and accept the blessings it gives me daily.

What will the summer entail? What will senior year be like? These are questions God already knows the answer to, and for once, I'm not going to try to figure them out. I'm going to live in the moment and let this ending unfold to another beautiful beginning. I've learned that life is so short, and people are so precious. So, I want everyone I come in contact with to know that and to know my God. If that happens in the next year, it will be the most successful of all 20 and a half years of my life.

What an adventure this year has been. So much heartache, struggle, and sadness, but so much life, love, happiness, and learning in the midst of all the little storms. God is good. People is good. Life is good.

Ready for life's new adventures to start now. Let's go.



No comments:

Post a Comment