Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Tow Up

Well Saturday began in a rather adventurous way for me. It was not the good kind of adventure either.

I woke up to a call from a friend of mine saying, "Kaitlin, your car is literally getting towed right now." I responded by saying, "Like it's literally being towed?" I then jumped out of bed with no contacts in, pajamas on, hair similar to that of a lion's mane and sprinted downstairs. I still had drool on my  mouth from my slumber, also.

I walk out of my dorm to find a tow truck hooked up to my car. While my car was in fact parked illegally, I was not exactly pleased with the situation. I asked the cop if there was any way to stop the towing and she said, "Ask the tow truck man." Ok, well thank you for your help Shaquanda, I thought to myself. I proceeded to ask him and learned that I had to pay a $45 service fee for him coming out to tow it (even though he didn't) along with a $20 ticket and a $30 ticket.

Now I was fine with an illegal parking ticket, but the fact that I have to pay a ticket for blocking a fire entrance that firetrucks cannot even fit down is a bit bizarre to me, but hey I'm not a police officer so I don't get to make rules.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I had to sprint to the ATM in the student center to get money since I had no cash. Considering I had a fro and drool all over me, the dumb, cute, sad blonde thing didn't work for me this time.

After I waited for my car to be unhooked from the tow truck (not sure why I didn't at least video it), I went to park my car. I expected there to be plenty of parking, like the cop said, since there were not many people here on the weekend. Oh, but don't you worry, the honors bands were visiting UNA and all parking was taken up, including illegal spots. Cars were parked directly in front of signs that said "Do Not Park On Curb."

Were they towed or ticketed? Why of course not. So, I pitched my fit on the phone to Christy and finally found a spot. I then went back to sleep and decided to start the day over. Emotionally, I was just tow up.

Adventures of Kaitlin at its finest people.

No comments:

Post a Comment