Monday, March 18, 2013

College Kid Newsroom

Well, so far my blog has told stories about my daily mishaps or insightful thoughts. While my life will continue to be a joke I'm sure, I want to focus on more important issues and really give my blog a topic for readers to focus on.

My dream/goal is to work in news and ultimately become a Good Morning America news anchor. There are so many things going on in the world and, as a college student, I find that the events affect the college demographic differently than other demographics.

I will talk about hard news, novelty news, entertainment, pop culture, sad news, happy news...I will pretty much talk about everything.

Everyone has an opinion. Everyone has the first amendment right to share it.

Here's mine.

First of all, the news is important. SO important. We all talk about the news without even noticing. "Did you hear about...?" I hear that from so many different people daily. Whether we know it or not, we care about what is happening.

As a college student, I sometimes become wrapped up in the safe, fun world I am blessed to live in here at UNA. I think that we college students like to pretend that nothing goes on outside our little world. In reality, so many things are happening that inadvertently change our little world.

People say no news is good news, but that is not always the case. Bad things happen every day; being informed of those things puts life into perspective and encourages people to be the change and to cherish every moment.

From the College Kid Newsroom, I'm Kaitlin Chappell.

Good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment