Saturday, March 30, 2013

LOST



Hi my name is Kaitlin and I’m directionally challenged. On Friday, Marissa, Taelor, Katie and I embarked on a journey to tour Bloomberg Television Station. (P.S. No one in D.C. even knows what Bloomberg is and if you’re in their boat, it’s financial and business television). 

We asked at least 25 random citizens where to go. The consensus was to go to the top of the Macy’s building. We have yet to know how to get to the top of the Macy’s building where Bloomberg is not located. We did, however, illegally get into the locked elevator that we thought would take us up to the Macy’s building. It somehow took us back to the ground floor.

We eventually found the unmarked Bloomberg building and arrived 30 minutes late for the tour. Therefore, we did not get to see the production room, but we did get the inside scoop on Bloomberg from Bloomberg employee Ned Waugaman.

After our four-mile adventure through the streets of D.C. and a break to see Bloomberg, we ventured back out to find Chinatown for dinner and shopping. We got lost again. Let me remind you that it is frigid and windy in D.C.

We walked in and out of at least 5 different eateries that were ridiculously expensive and finally found Fudrucker’s, a sports pub/burger joint. It was the highlight of the day--cheap and delicious. At this point we had also found the middle of Chinatown and it was 8:30 at night-- not the safest situation for four young girls from Alabama. 

After going the wrong way on the Metro and walking miles and miles in the cold, we headed back to the hotel. I fell asleep in my clothes as soon as I hit the hotel bed.

After that day, we downloaded the Metro app on our iPhones and navigated through the city quite well. I’m hoping I do not repeat this misadventure when I visit China this summer. 

Reporting live from D.C., I’m Kaitlin. 

Good Day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment